Guitar Class Guidelines
Each student will be responsible for at-home practice. It is required that the student practices 20 minutes a day for Level 1 classes, and 30 minutes a day for Level 2 classes.Class Rules
- All school policies regarding attendance, punctuality, behavior, etc. will be observed with no exceptions.
- All school materials as well as the materials of your classmates are to be treated with the utmost respect.
Beginning and End of Class Procedures:
Beginning of Class:
Take your guitar, footstool, music stand, and put you music on the music stand. Put your guitar case on the right side of your chair.
Please be seated and prepared to take you instrument at the teacher’s sign.
Please tune your instrument, or wait for the teacher to come and tune it.
End of Class:
The teacher will provide Closure to the class period.
Instruments should be put away, chairs straightened, and floor cleared of any trash, etc. when the teacher instructs students to do so at the end of the period.
Go back to your seats.
The class will not be dismissed before everybody is seated.
Please wait for your teacher to dismiss class – the bell does not dismiss you
Appropriate Classroom Behavior:
Be courteous and respectful to the teacher and to your classmates.
Please stop playing your instrument and/or talking and focus your attention on the teacher when she gives the signal to do so.
Do not talk or play your instrument when the teacher is instructing.
Do not leave your seat without the teacher’s permission.
Strive to improve guitar-playing technique during technique and individual practice opportunities in the Daily Agenda.
Use appropriate language in class.
Compliment the good performance of others.
Practice “Performance Etiquette.”
1. Assigned Seats – when you enter the classroom, check your seat assignment. Although we will not have assigned seats, students who were disruptive during the last class will be moved to a different seat. They can move back to their original seat, only if there is no more disruptive behavior during the next class. (To move back to the original seat, the student has to ask for a permission).
2. Take your guitar and a footstool. Guitar case should be placed on the right side of the chair. Place your binder and guitar book on the stand. Don’t take the instrument out of the case, before you are allowed to do so.
3. Talking or playing while the teacher instructs
1- You will lose your instrument for 5 min. It will be placed in the case next to your seat. You will get it back only if there is no additional disturbance during those 5 min. If the teacher has to warn you again, the time out is prolonged for additional 5 min.
2- If the disruptive behavior continues, cool down pass.
3- Call to parents and fill out classroom intervention form
4- Team Intervention form
4. No eating or drinking in class or chewing gum.
5. Rest Room Break- RRB are allowed only after the student is done with the beginning of the class procedures. Only one student at the time is allowed to go to the bathroom. Each student is required to sign out and write down the time when they leave and return to the classroom. If a student is absent for more than 5 minutes, the additional absence time will be counted against the class participation grade.
6. Practicing in class – you are expected to participate during the class to the best of your abilities. Any portion of the class that you spend not paying attention to what we are doing in class will result in a lower class participation grade.
7. Clean up – at the end of the class you are expected to put away your guitars, footstools, music and clean up the room.
8. End - Before everybody is seated, class will not be dismissed